I use our blog as a keepsake; something we will have forever. So I HAVE to blog about today - Logan is potty training!
Today, August 7, 2010 Logan is 3yrs and 2.5 months old
Potty training has been a VERY slow process. Brian and I talk constantly about our concerns with Logan's refusal to use the potty, wear underwear and or pull-ups. He wasn't ready, however I was really beginning to worry and beat myself up as a mother. I mean I am in the process of getting my master's degree and have steadily kept a 4.0 GPA but I can't potty train my son! It was really wearing on me. However today was the day. Today everything changed. I have to admit I honestly only had one diaper this morning. I knew last night we were out, but thought I would just get up, throw the kids in the car and run into the store to buy diapers. So we all woke up and OF COURSE BOTH KIDS WERE POOPED! AHHHH - what to do...I had one diaper, 10 water diapers, a box of unused Pull-Ups, and a drawer full of Buzz, Woody, Thomas, Superman, Spider-man underwear. So I told Logan that Austin had to have the diaper and he would have decide if he wanted to wear a pull-up or underwear. He was so mad - he screamed, cried, pitched a huge fit and then realized the TV was off. I told him I wasn't putting the TV until he decided what he wanted to put on to go to the store. He decided he wanted Buzz underwear. So on they went and on I went asking every ten minutes if he had to pee. He got up from the couch and went in the playroom, about ten minutes into playing he said "Mom, hurry I have to pee" and we all, including Austin ran to the bathroom for Logan to pee! What a celebration! We danced, sang, ate candy,& put a sticker on the chart. Fifteen minutes later Logan again said he had to pee and off to the bathroom we all went. He was doing great. so I decided we would venture out to the Dollar Store to get something small. As soon as we walked into the Dollar Store, Logan had an accident. He was sad. So we quickly paid for the green soldiers he wanted and left. I had packed extra clothes just in case. So I changed him and off we went to Chick Fil A. We ate and played. Another accident. It was time to go home. Now that we are home Logan has used the potty again and is doing great in his underwear!
It is now almost 11 pm on August 7, 2010. Logan only had two accidents and went pee pee on the potty 12 times! We are so excited. Even after bath when Logan told us that he needed a diaper for bed and then each time he had to pee he still went on the potty even with a diaper on! Logan, Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you! We are looking forward to day 2 of using the potty! We love you big boy!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment